Columbus Wedding Makeup

Friday, July 10, 2015

I can't take the mosquitoes!

So since the beasts have ascended upon us I've been desperate. Yes, that's right I'm talking about mosquitoes! Is this beauty related you ask?! YES! I say YES!  If I welt on my face or legs or arms because of these (expletive) things, yes it is beauty related!


 In a normal amount, these spawns of Satan, I use my Doterra bug repellent oil (Terra Shield) to deter them. And it works fine for me (although I have to reapply often). But in this apocalypse of mosquitoes it's not cutting it. So I too was thinking maybe I'll buy something with DEET! Gasp!!! Then I decided I'd tried Ava Anderson's bug spray.
 
I picked beans out of our garden for about 45 minutes. I only got bit once. Having a bag full I headed for the house. On the way ... One more. I made it inside. I haven't been able to stand in my driveway without getting bit at least 10 times. I'm a magnet. I'm allergic. I welt up. It's ugly. I proved to my husband that I could go outside without getting bit! I spray down - I go out! NO bites!!! Yay AVA!!!
My son is allergic too. He swells up and it's so scary. But he played outside in his sandbox for over an hour. He didn't get one bite!! Such a believer....
There's an article about lemon and eucalyptus oil being just as effective as Deet. Whew- I was very close to trying the chemicals. Thankfully I found Ava Anderson. I'm excited to try othe non-toxic/non-chemical products. 

As far as trying to deter the mosquitoes this year I'll stick with the Ava Anderson bug spray . . .  Visit Kate's website for more non-toxic solutions!

Xoxoxo,
T


No comments:

Post a Comment