Columbus Wedding Makeup

Thursday, September 24, 2015

It's been much too long since I posted . . . So some of my favorite things!

So,this is the middle of my busy season, but wanted to take a minute to post.  I honestly have had a cold all week & trying to take it easy so I'm ready for the weekend with 3 weddings on the calendar!
This post will probably be random & scattered but bare with me.
I decided it'll be a "favorite things" post -

I've started to find that most of the ladies I'm putting makeup on are not using an eye cream.  And most of them are in their 20's which is really understandable, but this is when you have to start using skincare.  Keeping that delicate skin young and wrinkle free starts now.  Otherwise in your late 30's and 40's you'll feel like you look like you're in your late 40's and early 50's.  So take a few moments and slather on some eye cream!  Your concealer will go on easier, your eyes will look brighter and the puffiness and bags, we all complain about will soften and dissipate, as well.
A few of my favorite eye creams are . . .
Clarins has a few that are wonderful choices for nourishing that under eye area. Although on the pricey side if you're are really wanting immediate results this may be worth the bucks.
It comes in at a $62 price point but it really wards off the fine lines! Now Clarins has a Balm and Gel that are great for a younger skin & price at about $38.  Still it's up there! But Clarins is a french company that is known for it's skin care.  Honestly, they're my favorite.  I hope that I can achieve the luxury of this skin care with my line someday.  I'm a Clarins fan. And you can purchase online here. 

The other skin care line that I champion a lot is Origins.  The have an great all around-address-all-the-issues kind of eye cream.  It's called GinZing. At $30 its that mid-level eye cream. Shop here.
 
This amazing little pot holds an eye brightening powerhouse.  As well as delivering moisture to smooth out that under eye area.  This is great eye cream and has a reflective property so you see results quickly.  I also have put this in the fridge and then popped in on my under eyes.  Bags gone immediately & it feels so nice.  Really any eye cream benefits you if you put in the fridge, it's just not that convenient. Haha   

Last but not least BLUSHED by Tami has a few great eye creams, but for an overall solution the Enzyme Eye cream is best - 

I've priced it just below the Ginzing, at $29, but it's such and all in one - Nurturing eye treatment. Moisturizes, firms and conditions the delicate skin around the eyes. Soothes and smoothes tired, lined eyes; reduces puffiness and the appearance of dark under eye circles. And the enzyme ingredient exfoliates (gently) the dead skin that can cause those fine lines and dryness. You can shop at Store Envy or contact me to order. 

Anyway - I'm just a big proponent of taking care of your skin when your young.  Then it's not as hard when you get older.  

My other favorite things this week is DoTerra Essential oils and wellness products.  I signed up to be a Wellness Advocate about a year or so ago. I cannot tell you the life changer this was.  I was pretty skeptical at first, but receiving a discount is always on my agenda so I signed on.  Well, I have to say I cannot even post all the ways these oils have changed my life, because frankly there are too many to list.  
The major benefit would be getting my life and energy back pain free.  I suffered a lot physically since I had my son.  I never recovered from the toll weight gain and a very hard pregnancy took on my body.  I just didn't have the energy to do much therefore got in to a cycle of too tired to work out, not working out means not loosing weight which means not feeling well.  Then I injured by foot; tearing my plantar fascia is no joke! It's the largest tendon in our bodies.  And boy does it hurt when it's torn! I stand on my feet practically 100% of the time so being in a boot and cast then back in a boot again was not good. 
I spent most of 2014 injured.  I was in pain all the time and even after physical therapy I still struggled daily.  I couldn't get out of bed without pain all day long.  I was limping and it was effecting every area of my life.
So having tried everything - even oils (which wintergreen & deep blue would relieve pain for small time frames), I started taking the supplements from DoTerra. LifeLong Vitality, is a package of 3 supplements, which gave me enormous amounts of energy.  I felt normal again for the first time in 5 years! It was amazing.  It is amazing!  Now I had all this willingness to be active but was still in pain from my foot.  So I had to try something else.  Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex! I was pain free day one of taking this.  DAY ONE! 

This amazing supplement supports joint function and comfort.  Ah . . . now I'm back at the gym, down 10 pounds and feel like I have my life back.  I could go on and on about how daily DoTerra oils help me.  
If you have questions or would like more information about DoTerra please feel free to visit my website for Doterra here.  Or if you have questions feel free to contact me.  

So one more favorite thing. .. it's business related.  I've been searching for years for a customer relations program that could help me automate some of my business, store client information and streamline my communications with them.  There are few but they are for big business not me the lone "momprenuer".  But a few months ago I was in a Facebook group and a fellow Makeup artist mentioned a company they use - 17 Hats.  So I pulled the trigger this week and invested in it.  Wow! Can I tell you the difference just one week has made?!  I'm two weeks ahead of things I'm usually two weeks behind on! I'm thrilled already with the results.  
The customer service has been great too with any questions I have. It's a super intuitive system and has been a huge asset to Columbus Wedding Makeup! 

Ok - that's all for now - sorry it's all over the place! But I just wanted to share some of the little things in my life that keep me going! 

Have a great weekend! 

xoxox,
T



No comments:

Post a Comment