Columbus Wedding Makeup

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday Tip from Tami

Well, I seriously, doubt I can do this every Tuesday... So let's just say once a month! I want to share a few tips that are second nature for some of us, but others really have never heard of these things! So.... Today I want to de-mystify the fiber lash.  Now no discredit to those products out there that are using natural fiber to enhance lashes.  If done right I think they can be quite nice.  It's just really not my personal preference.  (Those distributing  these producsts please don't send me hate mail. It's just not my flavor!)  I had a bride last year that used one of these products and it was gorgeous.
I have also seen a very spidery lash look and it makes me want to run! 

I do know, the key with those products is like one coat not 10.  Less is truly more with those.  

So how can you have full lashes without the spider legs?  So since false lashes can be a pain.  Here are a few ways to get the look without the hassle:

1. After curling your lashes, apply a thin layer of powder (baby powder, talc powder, your favorite face powder) before applying your mascara. You can sweep a small blending brush across your compact and apply it to the top and bottom of your eyelashes. OR... you could even use a q-tip (except you can get a little fuzzies from the q-tip). 
2. Apply two coats of mascara to the bottom and TOP side of your lashes, but wait 3-5 minutes in between each coat, otherwise they tend to get clumpy (not pretty & similar to the above picture).
3. When applying your mascara, you don’t want to just move your mascara wand from the base of your lashes up. Make sure you are moving the mascara wand back and forth while going up. The left and right motion will make sure every lash is covered entirely, all the way to the tip. Wiggle that Wand! 
4. Now, check your lashes for any gaps. Use the tip of your wand to apply another coat of mascara to individual lashes where they look sparse. And you're done! 
You're welcome! I've been doing this for years ... I use baby powder and it wipes away nicely if any falls on my face without irritating my very sensitive eyes.  
Happy Tuesday!
xoxox, 
T


No comments:

Post a Comment